The University Gustave Eiffel is pleased to invite participation in the 5th International Symposium on Frontiers in Offshore Geotechnics (ISFOG) to be held in Nantes, France, on June 9-13, 2025. ISFOG is now in its fifth event and fourth location following the most recent (2022) symposium in Austin, Texas and the first three symposia in Perth, Australia in 2005 and 2010 and Oslo, Norway in 2015.
The Symposium will be held under the auspices of the International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) represented by the French Committee of Soil Mechanics (CFMS) and organised by a French Mirror Group of the Technical Committee TC 209. This group coordinates research and development actions in the field of offshore geotechnics in France.
ISFOG 2025 will highlight emerging technologies related to offshore renewables, in particular the move to floating wind farms, and focus on worldwide geotechnical challenges encountered by both the oil and gas and wind industries. The 7th Honorary McClelland lecture will be delivered by a prestigious speaker.
1. Frontier developments for offshore renewable energies
2. Site investigation strategies for fixed offshore windfarms and floating windfarms
3. Geohazards and integrated studies
4. Site characterization and ground modelling
5. Specific issues for carbonate soils, induratedsoils and rocks, glauconite.
6. Design, standards, risk and reliability
7. Foundations for fixed windturbines and platforms : monopiles, piles, gravity bases, buckets, subsea structures, others
8. Anchoring systems : drag and plate anchors, suction anchors and caissons, anchor piles, torpedo piles, gravity anchors, prestressed anchors, mutualised anchor points
9. Pipelines, Risers and Cables
10. Trenching, ploughing, excavation and burial
11. Spudcans : penetration, extraction, interactions
12. Decommissioning of offshore facilities
13. Data Analytics & Machine Learning
9 to 13 june 2025